The concept of a filling is replacing and restoring your tooth structure that is damaged due to decay.
We will replace old, broken-down amalgam/metal fillings that contain traces of mercury with white fillings (composites) to restore your smile and teeth to a more natural look and feel.
You will no longer have to suffer the embarrassment of unsightly and unhealthy silver/mercury fillings or metal margins of the past as we can remove any dark/black appearances in your teeth with the latest tooth-coloured resin or porcelain materials.
White Fillings Versus Silver Amalgam Fillings
- Bond to the teeth
- Strengthen the tooth by restoring most of original shape saves time and money long term
- Preferred by most patients due to natural colour, strength, feel, more comfortable
- Hot and cold sensitivity reduced
- Restorations require less tooth removal, less structure to place especially new cavities
- Smaller holes required
- Healthier as no mercury usedaller holes required
Silver Amalgam Fillings
- Weaken the teeth
- More susceptible to breaking results in replacing teeth which can be expensive
- Not natural look like white fillings
- Some sensitivity with silver/mercury amalgams
- More tooth removal, more structure to place
- Larger holes required
- Mercury used – not as healthy